With the social distancing requirements, all face to face workshops have been cancelled for the near future.
Are you someone who…
Believes that we can do this experience of dying and death better, for everyone concerned?
Finds that people naturally and easily share their challenges with you when they are around you?
Finds that feeling compassion comes easily for you when listening to other people sharing their stories?
Has a heart the size of Australia?
Longs to have deep conversations around dying and death?
Feels that you can be fully present with someone who is dying, just accepting them as they are without judgement?
If you answered Yes to these questions, then training to be an Amici Mortis ® – a Friend of the Dying might be calling to you.
Amici Mortis® loosely means Friend of the Dying.
This training is for people who :
- Are care providers seeking extra skills to support their work
- Are medical professional looking to add to their existing skills
- Are a funeral celebrant wishing to expand their death literacy
- Are volunteers in aged care/hospital settings
- Have a loved one who is on this journey
- Have a loved one who will be on this journey
- Want to prepare themselves and understand more
This is one of the best seminars I have had the privilege to attend and I know it will enable me to give comfort and love to the dying.
You will walk away with :
- Tools and techniques for self management and self nurturing
- Feeling comfortable to be with our dying
- An understanding of how to be fully present with our dying
- An understanding of how precious and sacred this time can be
- A deeper connection to self and others
We aren’t taught any of these skills and because we isolate our dying and insulate ourselves from the experience, we don’t know what to expect.
So dying and death become scary – in truth they are not.
Your training includes the following topics :
- Why This Work is Important
- Spiritual Needs of the Dying
- Active listening
- Person Centred Therapy
- Creating Sacred Space
- Holding Sacred Space
- Regrets of the Dying
- Signs of Approaching Death
- What’s Important at the End of Life
- Being PRESENT
- Your End Journey – Reflection and Preparation
- Understanding Stressors and Dramas and How to Avoid Them
- The Healing Power of Silence
- The Healing Power of Humour
In this training, you will develop a new way to look at dying and death; you will be supported through your learning; and, you will learn how to effectively serve the dying from the spiritual and emotional perspectives.
This training is the creation of Sharon Tregoning. Through sharing the end journeys of loved ones and clients, along with the knowledge and insights gained through extensive study and a powerful connection with the Divine, Sharon brings a wealth of information, skills and heart to this challenging topic.
What others have said…
Sharon is a gifted speaker/teacher and a font of knowledge about death and dying (and lots of other interesting stuff – Mediumship, Shamanism, Spirituality etc…)
As a pall. care nurse, I have been to many education sessions, conferences, workshops. This course was the best ever in regard to learning tools that were provided, and were ours to keep.
Sharon, I have never met a teacher who being so knowledgeable with years of experience be so humble so warm nurturing loving warm caring making us feel so much at ease and most of all touching each ones heart with so much warmth and love.
Thank you for a divine spiritual experience.
This training is an important part of increasing death literacy in our community – something which is desperately needed.
We truly can do the dying and death experiences better, for everyone involved. The dying can know a good death, as defined by them; their loved ones can work towards avoiding regret as part of what will be their grieving experience and medical professionals can feel better equipped to serve the dying.
We will all die. We may not have a choice as to when, but we can have a choice in how.
Your participation in training of this nature has an effect on everyone around you – either consciously or not. Learn how to be a compassionate friend of the dying, or Amici Mortis ®.
As part of the training you will receive:
- The workshop content – 2 days, packed to the brim
- A workbook to keep
- Copy of Sharon’s book Farewell with Grace
- 14 Continuing Professional Developments (CPD) Points
- Certificate of completion
- Connection with other like minded souls – capped at 6 participants
- Yummy meals – morning teas, lunches and afternoon teas